This assignment is Due November 6, 2022, at 5:00pm
Critique a Controversial Public Policy. For this assignment, you are asked to advocate for multiple perspectives regarding a controversial issue such as immigration (Goodwin & Chemerinsky, 2021), defunding the police (Jefferson-Bullock & Exum, 2021), or the Black Lives Matter movement (McManus, et.al., 2019). Select one of these issues that interests you the most, and then develop a news article. Be sure your article addresses the following:
• Explain why your chosen issue is controversial.
• Discuss the consequences of the current policy was discontinued.
• Or discuss the consequences of implementing a policy if a policy is lacking.
• Recommend a plan to reduce the controversy and political influence to allow implementation.
• Assess the impact of developing a policy on the issue.
Be sure to use examples and evidence to support your position.
Support your assignment with scholarly resources, including seminal articles where appropriate.
Length: 4 to 6 pages, not including title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly references.
The completed assignment should address all the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations, and current APA standards