Assignment: Literature Review: The Use of Clinical Systems to Improve Outcomes and Efficiencies
New technology—and the application of existing technology—only appears in healthcare settings after careful and significant research. The stakes are high, and new clinical systems need to offer evidence of positive impact on outcomes or efficiencies.
Nurse informaticists and healthcare leaders formulate clinical system strategies. As these strategies are often based on technology trends, informaticists and others have then benefited from consulting existing research to inform their thinking.
In this Assignment, you will review existing research focused on the application of clinical systems. After reviewing, you will summarize your findings.
• Review the Resources and reflect on the impact of clinical systems on outcomes and efficiencies within the context of nursing practice and healthcare delivery.
• Conduct a search for recent (within the last 5 years) research focused on the application of clinical systems (California Newborn Hearing Screening Program – https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/nhsp/Pages/default.aspx) <— this is the clinical system I have chosen and you will work the paper you will write about this system. The research should provide evidence to support the use of one type of clinical system to improve outcomes and/or efficiencies, such as “the use of personal health records or portals to support patients newly diagnosed with diabetes.”
• Identify and select 4 peer-reviewed research articles (use the 4 journals provided below…and these journals are attached/uploaded also for your use) from your research.
1. Bhuskute, A., & Page, N. (2021). Congenital and Neonatally Acquired Sensorineural Hearing Loss. Pediatric Annals, 50(7), e292-e296. https://doi.org/10.3928/19382359-20210629-01
2. Deng, X. , Ema, S. , Mason, C. , Nash, A. , Carbone, E. & Gaffney, M. (2022). Receipt and Timeliness of Newborn Hearing Screening and Diagnostic Services Among Babies Born in 2017 in 9 States. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 28 (1), E100-E108. doi: 10.1097/PHH.0000000000001232.
3. Bagatto, M., Moodie, S., Fitzpatrick, E., Kealey, C., Campbell, B., & Aiken, S. (2020). Status of Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Programs in Canada: Results From a Country-Wide Survey. Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology, 44(3), 107–124.
4. Kanji, A., & Krabbenhoft, K. (2018). Audiological follow-up in a risk-based newborn hearing screening programme: An exploratory study of the influencing factors. The South African journal of communication disorders = Die Suid-Afrikaanse tydskrif vir Kommunikasieafwykings, 65(1), e1–e7. https://doi.org/10.4102/sajcd.v65i1.587
• For information about annotated bibliographies, visit https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/assignments/annotatedbibliographies
In the Assignment or the paper that you will write, the following should be included: (5 pages not including the title and reference page)
In a 5-page paper, synthesize the peer-reviewed research you reviewed. Format your Assignment as an Annotated Bibliography (Please follow the format of Annotated Bibliography Sample Document attached/uploaded). Be sure to address the following:
1) Identify the 4 peer-reviewed research articles you reviewed, citing each in APA format.
2) Include an introduction explaining the purpose of the paper.
3) Summarize each study, explaining the improvement to outcomes, efficiencies, and lessons learned from the application of the clinical system each peer-reviewed article described. Be specific and provide examples.
4) In your conclusion, synthesize the findings from the 4 peer-reviewed research articles.
• Use APA format and include a title page.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.