Select one of the skills necessary for success as a manager as described in Chapter 5. Then find a recorded presentation (like a TedTalk) intended to develop an individual’s leadership and management skills within an organization. Analyze the message and identify the medium and channel used to convey the message. Be sure to include a copy and/or active link to the message you have chosen. For the message you have chosen determine:
- General purpose of the message
- Specific purpose of the message
- Was the message well timed?
- Did the sender choose an appropriate medium and channel for the message (be sure to include why they did or didn’t)?
- Was the sender’s purpose realistic?
- What was your impression of the speaker?
- What mannerisms/behaviors made the speaker interesting to listen to? Or alternatively, painful to listen to?
- What are the major takeaways you have from this presentation? (i.e. if you were to give a presentation, what would you integrate into your own style?)