Lesson 10 – Discussion 58 58 unread replies. 58 58 replies.
There are several areas in which disagreement can emerge while a contract is in effect. Actions taken by both parties (management and union) can violate labor acts and be known as Unfair Labor Practices (ULPs). Disagreements can be resolved by bargaining or by evaluating the merits of a given issue. Team-based environments can lead to proactive grievance procedures. In the processing of grievances, the union owes individual members the right to a uniform grievance process.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having the workplace governed by a legally enforceable contract supported by rights arbitration?
- Is this a good model for the workplace for the 21st century?
- Your thoughts on this topic.
- Begin contributing to the discussions no later than midnight of the first Saturday after a lesson opens.
- Your original post should be a minimum of 250 words and based on your own unique composition.
- Read, evaluate, and compose a substantial in-depth response (minimum 150 words) to at least one or more of your peer’s responses in the discussion area. See discussion rubric for grading details.
- Include examples in your discussion.
- Adhere to APA standards and use APA guidelines to cite references.