Answer each of the following 3 long answer questions ( all answers need to be answers from provided material as well as answer it according to requirements mention below )
- Your answer for each question should be 250-400 words.
- Use at least one direct quote from a reading or film in your answer. Introduce the quote and include the page number or year of the video in brackets after the quote.
- Integrate the quote by explaining what it means in your own words, and then show how it answers the question.
- Write in paragraph form. Do include historical, political, or descriptive details of the thing you are writing about. Do not put multiple examples into one answer.
- Do your own work. Work that is similar to other students work will result in an interview with the instructor and a potential academic alert..
- Explain Pierre Bourdieu’s concept of the “cultural field.” How is hockey organized as a white cultural field in Canada? reading link- ( https://canadiandimension.com/articles/view/the-nhl-and-the-new-canadian-militarism ) Lecture slides- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kkXuVEzTKLgF-fqawpDJTwsYfBHZf-hf_9ill46VYpI/edit#slide=id.p )
2.) What is a “gender binary.” Develop an example from the video “Toxic Masculinity in Canada” from week 7 (Proud Boys or Jordan Peterson). video link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsPUBBY5pI&t=1801s
3.) Explain either positivist OR Social Darwinist approaches to crime. Why does an anti-positivist reject this approach? (Chapter 9) CHAPTER-9 SLIDES LINK —- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12u4L5zP7imwcfjFcfoIRdtZaHBIe2okwJzSEJaYnVaY/edit#slide=id.g12ad13bbfa0_0_5