This assignment continues discussion of rhetorical choices. Jodie Nicotra, author of Becoming Rhetorical (2019) states, “all of us work to craft a persona for ourselves to help us appeal to specific groups and gain social standing” (p. 22). The term often used for the choices we make is personal branding. For this assignment, you will write an essay describing and analyzing the rhetorical choices you make. Content and format requirements Content: For this essay, discuss choices you make regarding at least two of the following:
- Your appearance (clothing, hair, body art, makeup, accessories, and so forth)
- Your living space (décor, furniture, tidiness/cleanliness, and so forth)
- Your social media activities (“about” information, photos, posting, commenting, and so forth)
- Your shopping choices (where you shop and the products you buy)
- Your behavior in different social groups (family, friends, work, classes, older people, younger people, and so forth)
- Standard essay format of introduction, body, and conclusion. Think of the five-paragraph essay model, though you are not restricted to five paragraphs. You may use more, if necessary, but keep the length in mind – 250 -500 words.
- Your introduction should include a thesis statement that expresses the main point of your rhetorical choices.
- Photos, screenshots, and other visual aids are optional for this assignment.
- Format the assignment in basic APA Style: APA 7 Template
- Ideas are presented in a logical, sequential order
- Transitions link ideas within and between paragraphs to unify the discussion
- Use of sources: For this essay, use of sources is optional. However, if source ideas are incorporated (this includes the textbook, Becoming Rhetorical, then APA in-text and APA reference citation required
- Provide adequate and appropriate evidence (examples, descriptions) to support the discussion
- Use standard conventions of English: punctuation, capitalization, complete sentences
- Spellcheck and proofread before submitting